The Trowbridge Song Project – Singing in the Community
Singing together has a multitude of positive affects, including (but in no way limited to):
- improve mental and physical wellbeing
- create a better sense of community
- help those who feel isolated or vulnerable make new connections with people
Ultimately, singing is FUN! We want to offer singing opportunities to people in a range of ways. We provide singing workshops for schools, community clubs, businesses, factories, doctors surgeries and care homes. We can tailor our sessions to the needs of the group.
In 2015, the Trowbridge Song Project trained eight new choir leaders who have gone on to run community choirs and singing groups in the area, and beyond. These leaders and their singing groups regularly perform to support the Trowbridge Song Project.
Find out more on the ‘Community Choirs‘ page.
We also offer one-off singing events at festivals and other community events.
Please contact us if you’d like a singing workshop at your event.
What are our plans coming up?
- Bringing Trowbridge community choirs together for a Big Sing!
- Run singing workshops with a group of adults with learning disabilities
- More singing workshops at local community events in Trowbridge, including the Alzheimer’s Support Family Fun Day
Other ideas we have…
- Taking the ‘Wings of Song’ documentary into schools and linking it with singing workshops
- Bringing ready-made singing assemblies into secondary schools
The Trowbridge Song Project is a non-profit project group and relies on donations in order to carry out the work it does. All the money we receive goes straight back into delivering the workshops and events in the community.
We’re always pleased to hear of new ways we can fundraise, so if you have any ideas, please let us know.
If you’d like to donate to the Project, please contact us. Thank you.